Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom to my own little dinosaur, R-Rex and married to a sweet, Japanese clean freak, S-man. I live in small town Alberta where at times the mosquitoes or snowflakes out number the people by millions. Just trying to make it through the day sane, with a happy child and husband and if I am lucky a few minutes to spare for me to blog!
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, August 14, 2009

Where's The Beef?

Today we met up with a friend in Kobe and I have tired tootsies, not to mention a tired little boy who is sawing logs right now. We had a good time even though it started out a bit bumpy. I was in a bit of a huff because we took the JR line to Kobe and understandably it was packed because of the holidays. Well R-Rex overtired because it was passed nap time decided to let everyone know about how grumpy he was. So at this point we had two choices; pick him up or let him fuss. The thing that scares me about picking him up in a packed train when we don't have seats is that the train will come to an abrupt halt and R-Rex will go flying. And lets be honest, some days I can hardly stand myself with out toppling over with every shake and jar. So I really didn't want to hold him but he was only getting madder and madder, so S-man decided to take him. This is where the huff comes in, around us were plenty of able bodied people that could have easily stood and given their seat so that S-man could sit with R-Rex. Taking away the chance of flying babies. But no one did, even with much staring and my ranting away to S-man. Taking the train here has a way of pushing my buttons. Between, people pushing in front of me to get a ticket, then again to get on the train (because heaven forbid they don't get a seat), and people not giving up their seats for the pregnant, elderly, children holders, I am lucky I have not gone off the handle. I think inconsiderate people is my biggest pet peeve.
Anyways enough ranting! We had a lovely lunch and I had Kobe beef for the first time. It was pretty good but as I am not a big steak eater in the first place I am not sure I am the best judge. We then went to Suma aquarium where it is free to get in till the 17th. Free + holiday = many people. But it was not too bad and we did the speed fish watching right before closing when there were hardly any people to see the ones we missed because of the crowds. We also learned that R-Rex is afraid of dolphin shows. I think it was more of the loud collective "ohhs" and "ahhs" than the dolphins. Now we are home and tired but it was a good day. :)


Having a quick nap before all the fish watching!


Awake and posing with mommy and daddy


Whose your hair stylist?


"Mmmmm sushi"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't even get me started with the trains here! The amount of times I've been left holding a squirming KK while people pretend not to notice me is uncountable. The other thing that gets me is the elevator people always try and rush in front of me when I have the baby car or even look annoyed that I'm taking up so much space with it. I mean come on how else am I suppose to get up and down with it. I feel your pain.

It looks like you had a lovely day though. Does R-Rex like fish? KK loves them.

beamies said...

Oh elevators are a button issue for me too. We did have a lovely day. R-Rex did like the fish but was more interested in watching people. Next time we need to go to a people zoo ;)

Chrysanthemum Mum said...

Just found your blog and can so understand where you are coming from. Salary men feigning sleep on the train leaving you standing with toddler and/or pregnant belly, able bodied people pushing in front to get in the lift etc... I use to wake people up who were sitting in the silver seats and clearly didn't need to be sitting - bad, I know! Being a mother in a foreign culture certainly is an education, eh? Lots of positives too though...

beamies said...

Hi Chrysanthemum Mum! Good for you waking them up, I often want to point to the picture repeatedly till they get the point. I agree there are a lot of positives living here as well and have to try and remember that as sometimes they get overshadowed. Thanks for stopping by!