Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom to my own little dinosaur, R-Rex and married to a sweet, Japanese clean freak, S-man. I live in small town Alberta where at times the mosquitoes or snowflakes out number the people by millions. Just trying to make it through the day sane, with a happy child and husband and if I am lucky a few minutes to spare for me to blog!
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, August 3, 2009

When It Rains It Pours

Contrary to the title this is not about the horrible off and on rain lately. More about the flurry of activity of my life over the last few days. It seems I will have nothing to do for weeks on end and then a spurt of activity that keeps us busy almost everyday. Here is a rundown of the exciting (for us) events of the last few days:

*Friday went to Kids Plaza with friends. R-Rex had a wonderful time crawling around and seeing what he could get his little hands on. He also felt the need to put away all the blocks in his area and put the lid on the box. Happy he does have some of his daddy's DNA (for those of you who don't know my husband he is a clean freak). I had a wonderful time visiting with friends and actually having adult conversation.


Cleaning up just like daddy does.

*Saturday I had an English lesson with my niece (in which I get paid in diapers, so cute). We then went to a kimono shop near our house that gave us a jimbei for R-Rex as a gift and we wanted to go say thank you. R-Rex loves to visit people, especially when they fawn over him. He is going to have such a big head when he grows up. We then went to our local matsuri (festival) to enjoy some yummy food and see the local talent. I even won R-Rex an inflatable bat, though I am using the word won liberally as I never actually hit one can in the ring toss but got a prize anyways. I enjoyed the community feeling of the festival and the yummy tama-sen.


Hanging out at the matsuri

*Sunday we went shopping at a mall a few stations away. A visit to Toys R'Us to check out their birthday paraphernalia (dismal), a stop at Baskin Robbins (Rocky Road) and a trip to the 100 yen store (always fun) were the highlights of our day.


Heading home from shopping. Bought a new toy but the sandwich cutter in package is more exciting.

2 comments:

Corinne said...

Wow yiu guys have been busy little bees! Speaking of bugs and insects, no more cicada incidents I hope!?
R-rex looks like he's having a blast!
Wow that cleaning gene will come in handy soon! Hope Ash has one in his DNA too!

beamies said...

Hi Corinne! So far no more cicada incidents but I did have a cockroach chase me down the road.