Followers
About Me
- beamies
- I am a stay at home mom to my own little dinosaur, R-Rex and married to a sweet, Japanese clean freak, S-man. I live in small town Alberta where at times the mosquitoes or snowflakes out number the people by millions. Just trying to make it through the day sane, with a happy child and husband and if I am lucky a few minutes to spare for me to blog!
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, August 28, 2009
My New Appendage
Today I had to go into work for a meeting. I have been fortunate that the school I was teaching English with before I was pregnant let me continue to do some computer work for them. Things like lesson stats, spreadsheet making, etc. They are things easy to do from home while balancing R-Rex on one arm (or boob) and the bit of extra cash each month is a plus too. With leaving though I needed to go in to pass the job on. Previously when I went in, I just packed R-Rex with me and went when there were no students so that the dinosaur noises echoing through the school didn't bother anyone. Today though because S-man has finished his job I was able to leave R-Rex home with him while just I went in. The meeting went fine and uneventful, though it made me realize I miss teaching. The interesting part was the before and after. It was a weird feeling to be able to do basic things like take stairs or escalators, or move in and out of small store rows with ease. To interact with adults without someone crawling up me or multitasking a conversation and child taming at the same time. Short of a few one or two hour breaks here and there and one night out I have been with R-Rex all the time for what will be soon be a year. I had forgotten what life was like before having him, it has felt like he just has always been here. And although I enjoyed the freedom and easy mobility I looked forward to coming home and getting my baby cuddles. This time gave me a new appreciation for mommyhood. I look forward to more times where I get some "me" time and even maybe an "us" weekend or two for my husband and I, but no matter how much I enjoy the time away it will never compare to the joy I get from being with my little dinosaur. I guess sometimes I get lost in the day to day tasks, the teething and occasional grumpiness (on all parts) that I forget how truly blessed I am for my son.

How could I not miss this face?
How could I not miss this face?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I know exactly what you mean! As much as I enjoy my days at work I miss Will and can't wait to get back home for some cuddles. I can't believe Will and R-rex are going to be 1 in less than a month. What happened to my baby? I take my eyes off him for a few seconds and he grows into a toddler!
Cheers, Bron.
Hi Bron! It's the cuddles that keep reeling us back in, that and the cute smiles. It is amazing isn't it!? They grow so fast! Wish I had a machine to stop time for just a little....