Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom to my own little dinosaur, R-Rex and married to a sweet, Japanese clean freak, S-man. I live in small town Alberta where at times the mosquitoes or snowflakes out number the people by millions. Just trying to make it through the day sane, with a happy child and husband and if I am lucky a few minutes to spare for me to blog!
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, September 4, 2009

Back to Reality

We just came back yesterday from our mini vacation. I call it a mini vacation because it was only three days in total and in a neighboring prefecture. It was nice to get away though and have some days of relaxation. We went to a place called Toy Kingdom that had a hotel next door. We chose it because it's waterpark was still open for the first week of September and had a kid's area in the waterpark. Although we had a glitch in the bus times and had to wait three hours and the train station for the next bus I was pretty zen about it. Looking back on it now I think that is a big indicator that I am really stressed about the upcoming move as I am rarely zen lately and more snappish and emotional. The hotel overall was good with yummy Japanese/English breakfasts, Japanese/Chinese dinner buffet and a kid's area for R-Rex to crawl out his energy. We also got free hanabi to play with outside. The waterpark was nice way to cool down on a hot day. Though I got back to the room a quite a bit redder than I left. I also found I am quite a social butterfly even though my Japanese is limited to "how old is he/she?" and on check out we were saying goodbye to everyone, like we were a Walmart greeters, because at some point I used my minimal Japanese skills to say hello, find out ages of kids, names and basic things. Overall a good vacation and time away.
Today however thrown back to reality. Saturday is special garbage day where they will take away most things without us having to pay so we were trying to get rid of things that are not going to a new home. So running around today trying to figure out where everything is going, getting the garbage ready etc as well as the little sleep I have been getting made me very cranky and emotional. I also have to continue planning things that were put on hold while I was enjoying the mini break such as Raiden's 1st birthday and even bigger yet the impending move. Both exciting events that I look forward to but still a little stressful. As well lately Raiden sometimes cries when S-man leaves or will want to be held by him and not his mommy. This really drives me crazy, I know in my head he is a baby and he loves me, blah, blah, blah but in my heart it really hurts. Not only do I feel jealous but a little under appreciated as I am the one who gets up during the night, changes 90% of the diapers, feeds him solids 90% of the time, worries about him 100% of the time, etc, etc and then daddy is his favourite??!! Again my head knows this is silly and usually not a big deal but add in all the above factors of moving stress, no sleep, vacation with drawl and it all leads to a breakdown with me crying and saying I could run away and no one would noticed, that I am only good for milk....wah, wah, wah ... pity party for one this way please. Though after a good walk, trip to the 100 yen store, and ordering R-Rex's birthday cake all is good again! Maybe all I needed was some fresh air :)

2 comments:

sassymoo said...

There is nothing more stressful than moving, and I`m sure an international move is insanely more stressful than a normal one. Glad you could get away for a few days. I`m happy to come and watch R-Rex for you if you need to get some packing/sorting done for the move. Looking forward to his birthday party next week!!!!

beamies said...

Thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it someday. We can't wait to see you and Princess P in a couple of days!!