Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom to my own little dinosaur, R-Rex and married to a sweet, Japanese clean freak, S-man. I live in small town Alberta where at times the mosquitoes or snowflakes out number the people by millions. Just trying to make it through the day sane, with a happy child and husband and if I am lucky a few minutes to spare for me to blog!
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, July 5, 2009

First Swim

I have been MIA the last little bit because I have not been in the best of moods. Whether it has been the weather or the PMSing though the raging hormones and urge for chocolate and junk food make me think the latter. Finally today I pulled myself out of my funk and we went on a family trip to the local pool.

I was a little nervous about going to the pool as I am not that comfortable parading around in a bathing suit. Nonetheless here where I get stared at fully clothed. Though I have to say it was not that bad. I still didn't blend in and there were stares and poking of the friends for them to also look at the foreigner but it was tolerable. R-rex had a blast at the pool and took to the water like a fish. It was overall a great day out and I still have to laugh at the hourly exercise times when everybody has to get out of the pools and do their stretching. Look forward to spending many more hot days there.


7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about not updating your blog, I've also been AWOL for the past couple of weeks....I'd be surprised it I have any followers left.

Looks like you guys had a great time at the pool. R-Rex is such a cutie. Where did the blond hair come from?

I'm off to Canada later today, first flight with KK. Wish me luck!

sassymoo said...

R looks adorable in his bathing suit! Sounds like the pool was a blast. I also get `those` looks when I go to the pool. We should go together next time...strength in numbers!

Sara said...

Ohhhhh poool sounds nice....
No way I would fit my bathing suit now (LOLOLOLOLOL) so guess that this summer is out for me!!! Sounds and looks like you had a great time though!

OMG R is SOOOO cute in the last pic!!!! He's a little surfer boy :D

Corinne said...

Hmmm pool looks great! I bet little R had a blast splashing around!
Hope you're feeling a bit better, at least the rainy gloomy weather might be about finished!

beamies said...

chomchomtokyo - I was also blonde as a child so somewhere in my family it has popped up. Though if I was S-man I might ask for dna testing as he looks nothing like him, lol. I was sending good flying vibes your way. Hope all went well with your trip and that you are enjoying Canada!

sassymoo - It was really fun, I am tempted to go again this week. We would love to go swimming with you and Princess P sometime!

sara - I had the same problem last year of not having a maternity swimsuit and all I wanted to do was live in the pool because it was so hot! Just think next year though you will be enjoying the summer and water with your own little surfer girl :)

Corinne - Thanks, I am feeling better! Happy that rainy season is waning a bit. Any plans to take Ashton for a swim this summer?

Anonymous said...

R-Rex is soooooo cute, he'd definitely give Will a run for his money. Next time I'm in Japan we have to get them together. No-one will be able to resist the double kawaii power. Take Princess P along and we'll stop traffic.

Cheers, Bron.

beamies said...

Hi Bron! How is your little cutie?