Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom to my own little dinosaur, R-Rex and married to a sweet, Japanese clean freak, S-man. I live in small town Alberta where at times the mosquitoes or snowflakes out number the people by millions. Just trying to make it through the day sane, with a happy child and husband and if I am lucky a few minutes to spare for me to blog!
Powered by Blogger.
Sunday, July 12, 2009

Play Time

I have been debating all day about what to write and nothing has come to mind. I always have these great blog ideas and sometimes do a whole post in my head when I am out but now that I feel it's time to update - nothing. Lately it has been so hot outside that I don't want to venture too far from my air-conditioning in fear of turning into a puddle of goo. We have been home - A LOT! Which leads to nothing interesting happening. Most of the time I wish I had more of a life and that the wonderful friends I have made lived closer and that playgroups or kid friendly areas were also more accessible. But I am also grateful that I can spend this time with R-rex watching him change and grow and that we have time to just play together. He loves playing with his toys especially a set of stacking cups that fits together as a ball. I think he gets this from me; I love stacking, sorting, and building with things. I sometimes think I play with his toys more than he does. He is just happy to play with the remote control, Kleenex box, or anything else he can get his hands on that he shouldn't play with. He is at an age where he is very interactive and also likes peek-a-boo, pat-a-cake, practicing waving and tickling. I try and find games we can play that will keep him entertained and would love any suggestions anyone may have of some great baby games. Otherwise in the theme of play here is a picture and video of R-rex playing. Big bucket of toys, though the empty Lipton Tea carton is often more exciting to him. Our shape sorter. I loved the one I had as a kid so couldn't resist getting R-rex one too.

4 comments:

Corinne said...

haha, i always think of interesting things towrite while I'm jogging then forget them!
Awww he's very clever doing peek-a-boo by himself!
I played your video and Ryota thought it was me doing peekaboo! We must have the same genki tone!

beamies said...

It must be the universal mommy play tone :) I knew I was on facebook too much when I started thinking in status updates; "Jamie is cooking dinner now....Jamie is walking to the grocery store now" Hee hee.

Gaijin Wife said...

dito on the shape sorter. The one from our childhood is great - heaps better than the one I managed to find for Shou. And the empty tea carton...

At the moment Shou has an empty tissue box, washing powder box, milk carton and some random box Granny K had - all gum tapped together with some plastic tubes as wheels. It's in day three of transformation.

beamies said...

Oh that sounds like such a good idea. He loves empty boxes so I am sure he would like them made up like cars.