Followers
About Me
- beamies
- I am a stay at home mom to my own little dinosaur, R-Rex and married to a sweet, Japanese clean freak, S-man. I live in small town Alberta where at times the mosquitoes or snowflakes out number the people by millions. Just trying to make it through the day sane, with a happy child and husband and if I am lucky a few minutes to spare for me to blog!
Powered by Blogger.
Monday, October 19, 2009
Now Back To Regularly Scheduled Programming
Update First:
Yay I am finally connected and have some time to blog. I can not believe it will be a month this week since I have come back to Canada!! I have to say I am happy to be home but still really miss Japan and all the people there. Our trip home was uneventful and we were lucky and got a seat between us open on two of our flights so R-Rex was able to sit a play a little by himself. Then he just slept otherwise. We had a longer layover in Vancouver so we were able to visit with my Aunt while we were there. It was nice to be able to catch up and also stretch our legs before the last leg of our journey. I was very happy to see all my family as well when we got back here. R-Rex went through a clingy stage where he only wanted his mommy and was sure that if I was out of eye sight I would vanish into thin air and never come back. But now that he is comfortable with his new surroundings and home he is much better. I am happy and enjoying being back in the land of English and all things Canadian. Though I have felt more like we are on vacation. I really need to get jobs sorted for S-man and I or we will be through our saving before we know it. R-Rex has also been teething this last few days and has come down with a touch of something as well. So this adds up to a feverish, sick and grumpy baby but I am sure will be better soon. All in all things are good back here in Canada.
Now a Wee Wet Dog Story:
Now a story about my parents puppy though I am going based on accounts as I was napping at the time. Apparently my mother went out to feed the dogs (there are four of them) and when she called them in all but one came. They have just added two new puppies into the family this year. One is about five months old and the other is just two months old. The one that didn't come was the five month old one named King. They were worried as King never wanders far or without the other dogs. So my dad and S-man jumped on quads and my mom in her truck and each went their own way in search of the missing King. S-man went down to the one pond on my parents land and threw a rock at the ice (yes people we have ice already). When the ice broke he was convinced that maybe King was in the water somewhere. So he raced up to the second pond marsh closer to the house. After calling a few times he could hear splashing. Following the sound he found King had fallen through the ice and was treading water to stay afloat. S-man thinking quickly got some rope, tied one end to the tree and the other to himself and crawled out on the ice to retrieve the tired and cold King. He then carried him to the house in which my mom and dad were coming back from their searches. They quickly put him in a warm bath, called the vet, and after wrapped him up like a taco with heating pads. King warmed up and after what he felt was the appropriate amount of babying jumped up and was ready to go outside as if nothing happened. We are all relieved he was found in time by S-man the hero and that he is okay.
So that's it for now. I will try and remember to post pictures later for Snappy Sunday!
Yay I am finally connected and have some time to blog. I can not believe it will be a month this week since I have come back to Canada!! I have to say I am happy to be home but still really miss Japan and all the people there. Our trip home was uneventful and we were lucky and got a seat between us open on two of our flights so R-Rex was able to sit a play a little by himself. Then he just slept otherwise. We had a longer layover in Vancouver so we were able to visit with my Aunt while we were there. It was nice to be able to catch up and also stretch our legs before the last leg of our journey. I was very happy to see all my family as well when we got back here. R-Rex went through a clingy stage where he only wanted his mommy and was sure that if I was out of eye sight I would vanish into thin air and never come back. But now that he is comfortable with his new surroundings and home he is much better. I am happy and enjoying being back in the land of English and all things Canadian. Though I have felt more like we are on vacation. I really need to get jobs sorted for S-man and I or we will be through our saving before we know it. R-Rex has also been teething this last few days and has come down with a touch of something as well. So this adds up to a feverish, sick and grumpy baby but I am sure will be better soon. All in all things are good back here in Canada.
Now a Wee Wet Dog Story:
Now a story about my parents puppy though I am going based on accounts as I was napping at the time. Apparently my mother went out to feed the dogs (there are four of them) and when she called them in all but one came. They have just added two new puppies into the family this year. One is about five months old and the other is just two months old. The one that didn't come was the five month old one named King. They were worried as King never wanders far or without the other dogs. So my dad and S-man jumped on quads and my mom in her truck and each went their own way in search of the missing King. S-man went down to the one pond on my parents land and threw a rock at the ice (yes people we have ice already). When the ice broke he was convinced that maybe King was in the water somewhere. So he raced up to the second pond marsh closer to the house. After calling a few times he could hear splashing. Following the sound he found King had fallen through the ice and was treading water to stay afloat. S-man thinking quickly got some rope, tied one end to the tree and the other to himself and crawled out on the ice to retrieve the tired and cold King. He then carried him to the house in which my mom and dad were coming back from their searches. They quickly put him in a warm bath, called the vet, and after wrapped him up like a taco with heating pads. King warmed up and after what he felt was the appropriate amount of babying jumped up and was ready to go outside as if nothing happened. We are all relieved he was found in time by S-man the hero and that he is okay.
So that's it for now. I will try and remember to post pictures later for Snappy Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
welcome back!
what a great story about your husband. he is a hero!!
welcome back to canada!! glad to hear you are settling in!! a bit bummed i wasn't able to see you before you left!
good luck on the job search - i hope you both find something that fits well!
Welcome back to blogland!
Glad to here you are all settling in!
Can't wait to see canada piccies!
Way to go S-Man. Great story. You sound happy to be back in Canada despite missing all your Japan friends. Good luck on the job front.
Cheers, Bron (and Will).
Thanks everyone. Still job searching for S-man but I am sure it will come soon!