Followers
About Me
- beamies
- I am a stay at home mom to my own little dinosaur, R-Rex and married to a sweet, Japanese clean freak, S-man. I live in small town Alberta where at times the mosquitoes or snowflakes out number the people by millions. Just trying to make it through the day sane, with a happy child and husband and if I am lucky a few minutes to spare for me to blog!
Powered by Blogger.
Friday, October 30, 2009
Getting in the Groove
Alright I am having a real hard time blogging since being back even though I now have Internet at my fingertips and am way more busy daily then I was in Japan. I think it is because in Japan my computer was my life line to friends (both here and there), family and entertainment so I was on it everyday. However here having easy access to my family, Canadian television and being a bit more busy I can hardly get on it once a day. It is also now S-man's source of entertainment so I feel bad pushing him off at times. Which is hard because I still want to keep in touch with friends so I will try and be better at blogging and looking at others blogs as well.
Having said that I am here today and blogging away while little one is napping and S-man is enthralled with an episode of Dangerous Drivers. So here are a few updates:
* R-Rex had to get updated on his Canadian immunizations (ones not given in Japan) yesterday. This meant getting four shots (two in each arm). Ouchie! He was then running a bit of a fever and was grumpy last night during sleep time. We still have four more to get two of which are the flu and H1N1 vaccines.
* Speaking of H1N1 - I am not sure what it is like in other countries but wholly controversy batman! To get it or not to get it seems to be the big debate in the media and Internet lately. This has led to a lot of confusion, especially in my head! Wading through all the junk, hysteria, misinformation I think I have come to the decision to get us all vaccinated in the next mass clinic that I can attend.
* S-man is still unemployed and feeling a little depressed by it all I think. However on the 2nd we have an appointment with an agency that helps people find jobs so I think we will find success soon. I think once he gets a job things will change a bit and I will feel less like we are on vacation and more like this is life again.
* My parents got a Wii and it is just Wiiiiiii fun. I am trying to motivate myself to get on the wii fit everyday as I really need to start working towards healthy again. Though I have been losing some pounds which is an astonishment to me as I have been eating like a horse that hasn't been fed for two years!
* Looking forward to Halloween on Saturday. R-Rex is going to be a lion and go trick or treating with his cousins. I will try and post pictures for Snappy Sunday. Though I just tried to put up some pics and for some reason it is not working. I will keep trying though.
* That's about it. Hope everyone is good and to all of you in Japan - I miss you!!
_
Having said that I am here today and blogging away while little one is napping and S-man is enthralled with an episode of Dangerous Drivers. So here are a few updates:
* R-Rex had to get updated on his Canadian immunizations (ones not given in Japan) yesterday. This meant getting four shots (two in each arm). Ouchie! He was then running a bit of a fever and was grumpy last night during sleep time. We still have four more to get two of which are the flu and H1N1 vaccines.
* Speaking of H1N1 - I am not sure what it is like in other countries but wholly controversy batman! To get it or not to get it seems to be the big debate in the media and Internet lately. This has led to a lot of confusion, especially in my head! Wading through all the junk, hysteria, misinformation I think I have come to the decision to get us all vaccinated in the next mass clinic that I can attend.
* S-man is still unemployed and feeling a little depressed by it all I think. However on the 2nd we have an appointment with an agency that helps people find jobs so I think we will find success soon. I think once he gets a job things will change a bit and I will feel less like we are on vacation and more like this is life again.
* My parents got a Wii and it is just Wiiiiiii fun. I am trying to motivate myself to get on the wii fit everyday as I really need to start working towards healthy again. Though I have been losing some pounds which is an astonishment to me as I have been eating like a horse that hasn't been fed for two years!
* Looking forward to Halloween on Saturday. R-Rex is going to be a lion and go trick or treating with his cousins. I will try and post pictures for Snappy Sunday. Though I just tried to put up some pics and for some reason it is not working. I will keep trying though.
* That's about it. Hope everyone is good and to all of you in Japan - I miss you!!
_
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments: