Followers

About Me

My photo
I am a stay at home mom to my own little dinosaur, R-Rex and married to a sweet, Japanese clean freak, S-man. I live in small town Alberta where at times the mosquitoes or snowflakes out number the people by millions. Just trying to make it through the day sane, with a happy child and husband and if I am lucky a few minutes to spare for me to blog!
Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, June 9, 2011

Dating

Don't worry S-man and I are fine...I am not dating....well men at least. Let me explain, since moving here to small town Alberta I feel like I am dating again but only other mommies this time. Having moved from one place to another and only staying two or so years I have left a trail of wonderful friends all around the world who I love keeping in touch with and miss greatly. But with each new move I have to start over and meet new people. So here I am again back to trying to make new friends that I can go to a movie with or stop over for coffee and a chat with. I had found that, not too long after I moved back to Canada, through a mommy group in the closest city to where I was living. However after moving to our current town I am a little bit further from that city and with the price of gas don't get to see them as often as I would like. So I am in search of some friends closer too and this is where it starts to feel like dating. I am constantly on the search for someone I feel like I could bond with while we discuss the trials of potty training or who went home on The Bachelorette. I find at the grocery store when someone smiles at me I want to strike up a conversation which I would hope leads to a coffee or two and then after time maybe something more, a friendship. I even gave a few people in my R-Rex's swim class my phone number and like any needy person questioned what was wrong with me when they didn't call. And so there it is I am back on the dating market but this time for friends. Though the only good thing is instead of having a string of exes behind me I have a group of really wonderful friends who I wish were all just a little bit closer geographically but look forward to seeing again soon someday!

2 comments:

Shayla said...

We miss you Jamie!!!

beamies said...

Miss you too! I wish I made it that way more often!